Thursday, March 15, 2012

Prayers were answered and within three hours of arriving at the birth center to see how labor was progressing, our second daughter was born - quickly and easily and I felt better afterward than I've felt after any of my other labors (less than ten minutes of pushing appears to make a difference...)

Her oldest brother is pleased, because he wanted a sister so the family could be 'three boys and three girls.' His obsession with symmetry continues, though, since now he thinks she needs to have blue eyes so we have three people with green eyes and three with blue. All three of the siblings are pleased, actually, and were just a tad overwhelming for their new sister in their efforts to shower affection on her. (This is better than when we increased from one to two, and our oldest asked if we could take his new brother back...)

Anyway, I am filled with gratitude to have my little one safe in my arms, and for the difficult pregnancy to be at an end, finally. I'm very grateful for all prayers said on my behalf, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment